• Strategic Thinking
• Results Driven
• Business Acumen
• Decision Making
• Financial Management
This position has overall supervisory responsibility for the Museum Store, Food & Beverage, Campus Facilities & Grounds, Campus Security & Safety and O’Donnell Park, garage and grounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee on occasion will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent interpersonal skills, systematic, meticulous, patient, self-starter and works well under pressure. Manages time efficiently, analyze and solve problems independently and if necessary, collaboratively. Ability to be flexible and embrace changes within this position due to departmental priorities. Ability to work with a wide variety of people to achieve the goals of the Museum.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
2. At least eight years of strong operational experience.
3. At least five years in a senior management role.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Master’s degree in business or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing retail businesses and operation of facilities.
2. Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
3. Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
4. Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the museum’s mission.
5. Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.