• Develops a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
• Responsibility for all operations of philanthropy and allocation of grants including strategy, goal setting, financial activities and management of staff.
• Operational oversight of major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, corporate giving and grants development, philanthropic communications, data management, donor research, and stewardship and events.
• Articulates a case for philanthropic support that communicates the rationale for private contributions to Versiti in terms that are understandable and compelling.
• Understands and interprets the research and medical expertise for Versiti for volunteers and private contributors.
• Supports and accompanies volunteer solicitors with reliable donor research, solicitation materials, coaching, and follow up.
• Creates and implements strategic annual fundraising plans with benchmarks for measuring performance, ensuring that a process exists for the acquisition and continuous upgrading of donors.
• Identifies Blood Center Research Foundation (BCRF) communication strategies and establishes BCRF public relations activities to expand awareness of research activities and discoveries.
• Defines, recruits, trains, and manages staff capable of pursuing and sustaining a well-rounded fundraising effort.
• Creates various programs to improve and enhance relationships among volunteers, blood donors, community leaders and civic organizations.
• Represents the organization at designated internal and external meetings.
• Participates in professional activities to keep current on industry trends and regulations.
• Upholds the customer service standards and management philosophy of Versiti.
• Refines and expands the information database for the management of donor and prospect records.
• Supports all Board and committee meeting requirements as directed by the President and CEO.
NOTE: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements