This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is a key member of the leadership team.
Experienced leadership, strategic thinking and exceptional business insight is imperative to enable MHFH’s ReStores to fuel our mission. The ReStore Director is responsible for the overall operations of the ReStore and accountable for strategic planning and delivering outcomes which maximize retail sales, product donations, facilities, and volunteer engagement.
This person is a key senior staff member and is responsible for delivering on MHFH’s strategic plan and core values. At present MHFH operates 3 ReStores and a Deconstruction program. Development and leadership of store managers to drive retail gross sales in excess of $2.5 million and a profit in excess of 25% is expected.
Job Task and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development and operation of all ReStores to maximize the retail market share and donations in adherence with the annual operating budget.
• Expand retail operations to improve market share in line with strategic plan goals of opening new stores, improve standards for excellence in customer service, and increase partnerships within the community.
• Ensure the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of the ReStores, processing area and transportation functions.
Marketing and Communications
• Develop broader awareness in the community, measure and analyze marketing and advertising programs to increase donations, sales, and volunteer participation in collaboration with Marketing Director.
• Work with In-kind Donations Manager to increase donated product relationships securing high value product to be resold and maximize the purchased product program.
• Develop and track donor base along with effective ways to show appreciation to donors.
Logistics and Transportation
• Strive to make this area the “gold standard” for processing donations in the industry.
• Effectively manage ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, and customers ensuring appropriate licenses and other required information are properly maintained for government and others.
• Improve processes to maximize pickups and improve Driver’s training in customer service.
Staffing and Volunteers
• Oversee the hiring, development and implementation of training programs for all ReStore employees and ensure all personnel understand and effectively communicate MHFH’s mission to the public.
• Assure safety practices and loss control measures are in place and that all policies and procedures are implemented and consistently followed at all locations.
• Evaluate, recognize, reward performance and create development plans to ensure retention of employees.
• Work with ReStore Volunteer Coordinator to evaluate volunteer staffing needs, appreciation, monitor hours, and resolve issues.
Finance and Administration
• Work with store managers on monitoring systems for daily cash transactions and deposits, analysis of store sales, metrics, profitability and risk management.
• Prepare in conjunction with Executive Director and Finance Director annual operating budgets for stores and recommend capital expenditures.
• Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
Required Skills and Experience
• College degree and sales experience, required; multiple store supervision, preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years responsible leadership in a role directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
• Solid application of interpersonal and communication skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
• Sales, marketing and management experience with public relations exposure.
• Computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
• A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities as well as managing multiple priorities.
• Strong enthusiasm for MHFH’s mission, values and strategic objectives.
• Ethical leadership demonstrating high standards of integrity and accountability.
• Ability to analyze date and problem solve difficult situations.
• Innovative leadership and team building skills through positive communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Personal presence, projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.
Milwaukee is 90 minutes north of Chicago, yet in recent years, it’s evolved into a hip sister, infusing art, nature, mixology, craft beers, and farm-to-table foods into its landscape. Neighborhoods—like the Historic Third Ward, with warehouses converted to condo lofts and cutting-edge restaurants and boutiques; and Brady Street, with Italian-immigrant roots still cropping up in bakeries, restaurants, and markets—are vibrant and welcoming. Milwaukee‘s first-ring suburbs—places like Shorewood and Wauwatosa—boast adorable bungalows and pedestrian-friendly "main streets" with indie-boutique shopping, coffee shops, ethnic dining, and art galleries.
Read more about the ReStore locations in the Milwaukee area http://milwaukeehabitat.org/shop/restore-locations/
Rose Spano Iannelli Partner
Spano Pratt Executive Search