About the Foundation: The Johnson Foundation at Wingspread is a private operating foundation located on 36 acres in Racine, Wisconsin, along the western shores of Lake Michigan. The Foundation and its work reflect the Johnson Family’s deeply-held core value of giving back and multi-generational commitment to helping create a stronger, better future. As such, the foundation’s goal is to convene the right people on timely and compelling topics and empower them to find innovative solutions with sustained impact. Meetings held here among leaders and experts are small and intimate: the issues they address are big and important. Our unique convening model is designed to ensure our conferences inspire solutions with that kind of sustained impact.
Mission: The mission of the Johnson Foundation at Wingspread is to create intimate, inspiring meetings and conference experiences that foster collaboration and innovative problem-solving. Bringing almost six decades of convening expertise to regional, national and global groups of leaders and experts, the Foundation is wholly dedicated to convening for positive and lasting change.
This position reports to the Chairman and Board of Trustees of the Johnson Foundation at Wingspread and oversees a staff of 10 along with an augmented hospitality team provided by a strategic partner.
The Johnson Foundation at Wingspread has partnered with Spano Pratt Executive Search to identify their President. For a confidential conversation and to learn more about this opportunity please contact: Rose Spano Iannelli (email@example.com) or Jamie Pratt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Accountable for executing the strategic plan and working effectively as a trusted partner with the Foundation Board Chairman toward achieving goals.
• Provide timely and accurate communication and analysis to inform the Board Chairman on progress toward goals and high-level decisions.
• Responsible for directing and overseeing all aspects of budget and business operations related to the Foundation and the physical campus.
• Monitor financial performance against goals by measuring and analyzing results; proposing corrective actions when necessary.
• Ongoing evaluation of Foundation programs, structure and allocated resources for continual improvement of impact. Able to identify need for corrective action or change (in programs for example) and engage creatively in providing solutions.
• Serve as an advisor and remain up-to-date on convening best practices.
• Build upon the upward trajectory of The Wingspread Retreat and Conference Center occupancy, strategically designed to sustain without compromising the values of the Foundation.
• Play an active role along with the hospitality partner in raising the visibility of Wingspread Retreat and Conference Center as an inspirational venue of choice for meaningful and high impact retreats serving both local and global guests.
• Engage in the community and participate as an active leader in the local SE Wisconsin and specifically the Racine community as it relates to issues and topics aligning with the strategic program objectives of the Foundation.
• Professionally represent the values and interests of the Foundation to community partners and leaders.
• Provide guidance and assistance to senior executives and manage vendors in performing their responsibilities and communicating directives necessary to execute the plan.
• Provide Foundation team members with professional and personal growth.
• Support the Mission, Vision and Values of The Johnson Foundation at Wingspread.
• Advanced degree in relevant profession.
• Experience leading a business enterprise which would include vendor management, operations, with profit and loss responsibility.
• Passion for the region of Racine County and sense of Midwestern culture.
• Authentic interest and passion for the mission of programmatic focus; improve well-being of neighboring communities leading to broadly shared prosperity.
• Politically astute while remaining neutral. Able to find and cultivate common ground for greater good.
• Hands on collaborative leader with strength in economic development concepts and knowledge of best practices and trends related to community development.
• Direct experience with board governance and leading an executive team.
• High level of public presentation skills; as well as written skills.
• Inspirational and approachable, creates trust and confidence and fosters collaboration.
• Highly flexible and agile; tolerates ambiguity and quick to adapt to new situations.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed